Cream Cheese Pie: Strawberry, Banana & Blueberry "Beautiful Old Glory"

Post Update: 7-22-12
  "Beautiful Old Glory"  

I love the month of JULY.


I should mention... the glaze for the strawberries, I use, is simply my homemade Strawberry Jam recipe, which I most often make [fresh] with Instant ClearJel®. My adult children still rave about how amazing it is; even frozen and thawed, it's so easy to use too.


Other times, I make [processed] jam with Regular ClearJel too, but I don't make it in large quantities, only because I make ours NO-Sugar, but it tastes AMAMAMAMAMAZING!


Either way... simply puree the jam with stick-blender. Then you can choose to use as little, or as much as you like, at least several TABLESPOONS to make the most beautiful glaze and even adds 5 extra stars of bursting flavor!


So how about this for a patriotic holiday pie?
It's actually really quite a simple no-bake cheesecake:
Wanna know how to make little banana stars?
(I'll tell you how after the recipe)

No-Bake Cheesecake Layer
w/ Buttermilk Pie Crust


Yield: Enough filling to make (either) 1 (9-inch) deep dish pie shell 
Or 1 (8-inch) pre-baked shell... PLUS 1 (6-inch) pie shell

Ingredients:

2/3 cup powdered sugar (or Whey Low® Powder, but NOT Whey Low D)
3 Tbsp Instant ClearJel® powder
1 (8-oz) package Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
1 cup Half-and-Half, fat-free
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (don't leave out)
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
1. Make buttermilk crust; pre-bake according to nifty directions (in recipe link) and set aside.

2. In a 
food processor, combine powdered sugar and ICJ®). Blend in
 cream cheese and some Half and Half, blend until smooth. Add rest of Half and Half, add lemon juice and vanilla, blend until smooth. Immediately spread into the pie shell. Chill 3 hours. 



3. For fruit layer, line blueberries on the outer edge of the crust. Half strawberries into a bowl, mix with thawed Frozen Strawberry Jam and top with sliced banana stars.

Speaking of STARS... how did I make those banana stars? No, I did NOT carve them by hand! I used a Wilton 3-pc Star Set.




Push the banana through the middle star before slicing it. You can see I also used the smallest star too. Sprinkle the slices with Fruit Fresh.



Voila... perfect little banana stars!

Related Recipe: Heart Shaped Bananas for  pancakes and waffles.


Warmly,
Sharon Anne

Labels: , , , , , , ,