Maple Glazed Salmon - Gluten-Free-Friendly

Salmon is delicious, but WAIT till...
YOU'VE tasted it ROASTED with a maple glaze!

Trust me... if you've never tried roasting salmon at home, you will be surprised at how easy it is. This recipe is so simple and straight-forward. I buy individually-frozen fillets from Sam's Club and simply thaw them, immersed in water before roasting for just 15-18 minutes. 

I want to add... see in the first photo square... the fillets come vacuumed-sealed... so they are safe from freezer burn for a {really} long time. I {really} LOVE my food vacuum-sealed in the freezer!



*La Choy Lite does NOT contain WHEAT and seems to be "gluten friendly" for many folks, myself included. I'm pretty sensitive to many foods, fortunately I've been okay with La Choy Lite as of late and I'm hoping it keeps up. 

I've personally called their 800# {1-800-252-0672} since the facility does process other items with wheat products {but NO where near this soy sauce} they cannot claim it to be Gluten Free. 


Here's a link for more soy sauce choices but that ARE actually Gluten Free Friendly! 

Maple Glazed Salmon
Yield: 2 servings

Maple Glaze:
1 Tablespoon REAL maple syrup {not the fake stuff}
1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce {the photo is older than this updated post}
3/4 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
1/2 Tablespoon water
Pinch ground ginger

Salmon Fillets:
2 salmon fillets, fresh or thawed
Olive oil

Maple Glaze: Preheat oven to 450°F. In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients; thicken in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring every 10-15 seconds.

Salmon Fillets: Place (thawed) fillets on a piece of foil, bushed with oil and slather with the maple glaze over top. Roast salmon fillets 15-18 minutes. Baste with additional glaze halfway through, roasting until the fish easily flakes.

Enjoy,


Sharon Anne



P.S. I've only learned I can't tolerate gluten since the end of 2012, so my blog is HARDLY very gluten-friendly in-and-of itself! 


You see... I was the BREAD QUEEN! So those who are also gluten-intolerant... please be forgiving and patient with me. 


It's been a long 38 years of chronic pain, with little to no understanding as to WHY I was suffered so much!!!

That said... I DO hope you'll try the the roasted salmon recipe, you'll simply adore it!


Labels: , ,