Three Related Chicken Recipes

I've found being empty-nesters, well... a little challenging, as in motivation to cook just for two... can be boring from constant left-overs, if I continue to make family-sized recipes. I bet my young married daughters would also agree! So here are Three Related Chicken Recipe, down-sized for 2-3 generous portions.

Anyway, my DH still thinks we shop for a family of six. He constantly buys packaged chicken breasts and chicken tenders, even though my freezer is BUSTING with chicken, turkey and completed freezer meals. When I say stop already, he says NO MAN likes to THAW meat, he wants it RAAWW!
[Yes, he adds actions and sound effects.]

Thus, I am always contending with what to do with all the RAW chicken he buys, without continuing to stuff the freezer.

Hubby said the results were impressive.


Like Peg, I made brown rice (in my little rice cooker), but Peg uses an entire can of cream of chicken, whereas, when I made the sauce, I thinned it a touch more and used half of it for another recipe...


Broccoli-Chicken w/ Boxed Stuffing". Nothing glamorous... a layer of  slightly steamed broccoli, then a layer of cooked, chopped chicken, the remaining sauce from Creamy Chicken w/ Julienned Veggies (recipe) and then topped with Stove-Top stuffing.

Very basic comfort food, that makes my hubby and me happy. I baked that to enjoy in the coming days, as it keeps quite well.

Before (we eat) that though, I grilled up the remaining chicken in my favorite Lodge Grill Pan and made Fajitas, using the remaining red pepper, along with some sliced onion.


Unfortunately, I didn't have my secret ingredient, but I did fortunately have some homemade Blackening Seasoning on hand, with some cilantro and a fresh lime in the fridge... So we can have the Best Chicken Fajitas the next day... Olay, olay!! [more actions and sound effects!]

Now... be sure to julienne lots of extra carrots and zucchini, so you can use my Three Related Chicken Recipes links below. Would love your comments... [please hold down the actions and sound effects.] ;-)
  1. Creamy Chicken w/ Julienned Veggies
  2. Broccoli-Chicken w/ Boxed Stuffing (no link, it's so easy... it's described above)
  3. Best Chicken Fajitas
Feel free to add your two cents. Every blogger appreciates comments!

Warmly,
Sharon Anne

P.S. If you appreciate my blog, and shop Amazon, check out my links and product recommendations, and so much more. ANYTIME of the year!

Labels: , ,