Thursday, November 22, 2012

Daddy's Oatmeal Cookies


  

HONESTLY ... these oatmeal cookies REALLY are the bomb!

Update: 10/2/14

Oh my LUCKY STARS, I got finished making my dad's favorite cookies ... and since I can no longer eat gluten...

I tried them with a gluten free DIY {better than} CUP4CUP blend that I found online.


Well, I must say, /b>
"IT ROCKED MY WORLD!!!"

My cookies were SPOT ON... in fact, they tasted just
like they should! It's as if I'd made them exactly with regular
all-purpose flour, just as I always had before I went Gluten Free!


Original Cookie Post: 11/22/12
♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥
Don't you just love family traditions...
♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥




Lawrence & Eileene Glines
One of our's handed down through the Glines side of the family is my Daddy's Oatmeal Cookies. First, it was my mother who made these... then it became MY job later... when I became a teenager to make them... 


Birthday Twins:
Lawrence & Dorothy
Matter of fact, today (Nov 22, 2012) is my late Dad's birthday - Lawrence and his twin, Dorothy. They would have been 88-years-old; we miss them so much, and my dear mom, Eileene.

Happy Birthday Daddy!


♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥
We've continued our
Family Tradition...
♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥

daddy's oatmeal cookies

1 cup (204 g) shortening
1 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
1 cup (154 g) brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 
(or 158 g better than Cup4Cup blend, Gluten Free) 
DIY better than CUP4CUP blend
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick cooking oats, (300 g Gluten Free)
1/2 cup chopped nuts, opt.
(I opt. out for the nuts)

Instead I add:
2 generous handfuls Craisins
2 generous handfuls raisins

Preheat oven to 350° F.


Cream together the shortening and sugars. Cream in the eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients. Stir in the oatmeal 1-cup at a time. With a (2-Tablespoon) ice cream scoop, make mounds of dough onto parchment lined baking sheets. 

Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes. Remove, although they look {deceptively} under-baked; cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheets. The bottoms continue to brown on the HOT baking sheets.

Transfer to wire racks, note the cookies dry out even more, once they've cooled completely. They freeze BEAUTIFULLY.

However, I love ZAPPING 1-2 cookies on Defrost (level 3) in the microwave as long as 1 minute. This way, they really do taste and SMELL fresh BAKED again! 

They are amazingly that GOOD and with just two of us at home now, it's so fun to have my Daddy's Cookies at our beckon call and  to keep t(his) tradition going! Ha ha! 


♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥
My kids love their (grandpa's) daddy's oatmeal cookies...
My grand-kidlets love these cookies too
♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥



My darling daughter  (s-i-l) AND little grand-kidlets!

Unbridled LOVE! LOL!

...Honestly, MY oatmeal cookies really ARE the bomb!

♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥!♥♥♥
Enjoy,

Sharon Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many FAVORITE Recipes & Secrets...

I freely share many FAVORITE recipes & secrets. You may SHARE them too, but please CREDIT my blog... thanks! Be SURE to follow me on PINTEREST!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nifty-Difty News...

Welcome to Share Alike Cooking!

Nifty-Difty PRODUCTS...

Nifty-Difty Pageviews: