However, (local) seasonal fruit always tastes by far the best. For your specific area - i.e.: USA States - look here, but note several links are broken. So here's a GENERAL LIST to get us by, until they've updated their site.
- Late May – June gooseberries, red currants, rhubarb, strawberries
- July – black currants, cherries, gooseberries, loganberries, raspberries, red currants, rhubarb, strawberries, white currants
- August – early-season apples, blackberries, black currants, blueberries, plums, raspberries, strawberries
- September – mid-season apples, blackberries, elderberries, plums, raspberries, strawberries
- October – mid-season apples, elderberries, pears, plums, raspberries, strawberries
- November – late-season apples
List Source: http://www.fruitexpert.co.uk/whentoharvestfruit.html