Monday, February 21, 2011

Jasmine Rice: Best (Rice Cooker Recipe)

My most favorite way to cook brown rice is in my rice cooker. I also cook my Best Jasmine Rice in my little rice cooker too. I add a secret ingredient, which is just a bit of canned coconut milk. Not so much that you'd call it coconut rice though, but just enough so the rice cooks up fluffy and wonderfully!

Photo: Grilled Chicken Satay recipe over Best Jasmine Rice (below).

Cook rice RIGHT everytime!
Best Jasmine Rice
Yield: 2 cups

1 cup Jasmine rice, uncooked
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tsp honey

Combine ingredients in a rice cooker, or in a 2-qt heavy sauce-pan, with a lid. Steam the rice, for roughly 15 minutes, before fluffing cooked rice with a fork.

For photos, see Grilled Chicken Satay and Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce. Don't ya love it?

Warmly,
Sharon Anne

1 comment:

  1. Sharon,

    We eat Jasmine Rice all the time. This sounds really good.

    I'm going to make some tonite and try your recipe and see if my family notices the difference. Sure does sound good.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Many FAVORITE Recipes & Secrets...

I freely share many FAVORITE recipes & secrets. You may SHARE them too, but please CREDIT my blog... thanks! Be SURE to follow me on PINTEREST!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nifty-Difty News...

Welcome to Share Alike Cooking!

Nifty-Difty PRODUCTS...

Nifty-Difty Pageviews: